Opus Edinburgh: Supporting local businesses
September 7, 2023
Opus Edinburgh is a specialist restructuring and insolvency practice based in the heart of the city. We aim to work closely with local corporates, SMEs and Business Owners that are in difficulty, in order to find the best solutions and move forward decisively. The world of restructuring and insolvency can be complex to navigate, which is why we are on-hand to guide you through the process, whether that be company restructuring, business rescue options, administration, or liquidation.
The Opus Edinburgh office provides a range of services that benefit businesses, professional services and other key stakeholders. These include:
Business advisory services
- We can conduct an Independent Business Review to determine the financial health of a company
- Company restructuring plans and business rescue measures
- Creditor arrangements and mediation, including Protected Trust Deeds, Company Voluntary Arrangements and Debt Arrangement Schemes
- A range of insolvency services, including Administration, Liquidation, Sequestration and personal insolvency.
Professional services advice
We work closely with other professional services to find the best solutions for their clients and provide specialist advice on insolvency matters, including:
- Proactively managing insolvent clients, thereby allowing you more time for productive and fee-paying work
- Providing specialist advice and acting as a sounding board for insolvency matters, with no conflicts or competing services
- Rescuing businesses where possible, enabling you to retain a valuable client
- Access to nationwide coverage, local reach and extensive contacts.
With Opus’s national reach, our Scottish clients will have access to a range of business services and specialists, who can provide advice on business turnaround options, financing sources and forensic accounting.
We are passionate about finding positive solutions for businesses where jobs and livelihoods can be preserved through an effective restructuring or business recovery exercise. We have excellent examples where we have successfully turned around businesses for the ultimate benefit of all invested parties.
Our services are delivered in a cost-effective manner with stakeholder and creditor interests at heart. We strive to set high standards of professionalism and ethics in all that we do, and our fundamental guiding principle is to always act in the public interest.
The Scottish team
Opus Edinburgh is headed up by George Dale , a prominent member of the Scottish restructuring and insolvency community. George is closely supported by Mark Harper, Partner at Opus Glasgow, and Assistant Manager, Nadia Cowden.
Find out more about how we can help your local business
Should there be any relevant matter you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact our Edinburgh office. We can provide you with a confidential and non-obligatory chat to help you decide on the best route forward.
To get in touch with us, call 0131 381 3136 or email .