The fast-paced growth in the tech industry can also lead to challenges for businesses along the way. Here is how we can help.
The pace of growth of the UK’s tech sector continues to be well ahead of the many other sectors of the UK economy. The growth of the digital technology market and the uptake in digital transformation has made the UK a global centre for innovation, with World leading expertise in areas such as Fintech, Machine Learning and Blockchain based solutions.
Business challenges faced by the technology sector
The level of innovation, investment and number of start-ups continue to rise, but this fast-paced growth in the tech industry can also lead to challenges for businesses along the way, such as:
- Cash flow problems
- Need to pivot concept
- Assistance in scaling quickly
- New competition impacting sales and profitability
- End of life-cycle management
- Resolution of shareholder and senior management disputes
- Independent advisory support
- Restructuring of cap tables
- Raising equity and/or loan finance
- Cash burn and runway management
- Selling a business
- Managing solvent exits
Technology team at Opus
The technology team at Opus is led by Allister Manson, a qualified insolvency practitioner and chartered accountant who has 20 years’ insolvency and restructuring experience, supporting businesses from start-ups to established software, hardware and tech service providers.
As a former technology founder himself, Allister believes that his understanding of the value of intellectual property and his ability to engage with management in technology-based organisations is critical, not only when a business is in financial distress or looking to restructure but also in raising finance to assist with growth aspirations and ultimately exit routes when owners are looking to sell.
Our team is committed to helping our clients throughout the complete business life cycle and our experienced Partners lead each assignment to:
- Make commercial and strategic recommendations;
- Lead the team at a strategic level to ensure the optimum outcome for the Company and its stakeholders;
- Provide advice to the Company/stakeholders regarding the best possible strategy to maximise realisations from each asset class.
Technology support, knowledge & experience
We have experience of working in a number of areas within the technology sector, including:
- Commercial software
- Online games/gaming
- Tech hardware
- Autonomous vehicles
- Vehicle batteries
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning
- Virtual Reality
- Media & telecoms
If you would like to hear more about how we can help your business to best manage its current challenges, please contact us at or call us at our nearest office to you.